Want To Buy A Franchise?For entrepreneurs thinking about buying a franchise, consider the following fixed fee Franchise Opportunity Review services:
- One-hour meeting in one of our Maryland offices with our franchising lawyers to discuss the opportunity, your goals and expectations of the franchisor/franchisee relationship, and your due diligence regarding the franchise;
- Review of the franchisor’s Franchise Disclosure Document, including the proposed franchise agreement and other contracts;
- Provide advice regarding additional questions to ask the franchisor and other franchisees in the company;
- Identiﬁcation of risk factors and negotiation points to beneﬁt the potential franchisee.
If you have already purchased franchise rights, we can assist you by providing a Lease Review service on a fixed fee basis. The firm’s franchise lawyers will review the proposed real estate lease and make recommendations for changes or additional questions to ask and steps to take before you sign the lease.
In addition we offer more general legal services for your convenience as you establish your business. These services may include:
- Articles of incorporation or articles of organization for your LLC;
- Obtaining an employer identiﬁcation number;
- Corporate by-laws or an LLC operating agreement;
- Minutes of organization and stock certiﬁcates;
- Employment agreements/non-compete agreements for employees;
- Review and advice regarding other contracts (advertising, etc.); and
- General legal representation as your business counsel, including referrals to other qualified professionals for accounting, financing, insurance and real estate services.